Monday, September 9, 2013

I'm back and with only 150 to go to reach my goal!

I know...you've missed me. You have been wondering "where is she?", "how has she been?", and "did she lose the weight?". So, to answer your questions...I'm still here, I've been okay, and no, I didn't lose the weight. Part of the problem was I said I was going to TRY to lose the weight. This time I'm telling you that I WILL lose the weight. I better get a move on because I have 150 to go. Not 150 pounds (thank goodness), but 150 days. Why 150? Let me explain... When I was my most motivated (and enjoyed writing these blog entries) it was during the last Winter Olympics. I have no clue why. I always thought I hated the Winter Olympics. If you need a reminder, here is part of my post from February 15, 2010...
The 2010 Winter Olympics have arrived! To be honest, I did not think I would enjoy watching anything but speed skating, but I have found some of the skiing events very enjoyable. And as I was watching the various events, I realized that my journey is like the Olympics...minus the athleticism, the devotion, the really cool outfits, the medals, the National Anthem, the commentators, and the endorsement deals. Wow! Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, my journey is like the Olympics because it takes drive and heart. There are moments of glory (losing the weight) and moments of defeat (gaining it back), but through it all I don't give up and I keep pushing myself to be a better me. Pass the Kleenex! Please that was beautiful. Wow, Kleenex could be my first endorsement. :)
So, I don't know if it is the countdown to the Olympics that has me motivated again or if I'm just sick of what I see in the mirror, but I WILL lose the weight this time. Instead of trying to reach my goals while I'm competing in Russia (oh wait...I'm not really going)...scratch that. Instead of trying to reach my goals while others compete in Russia (better), I have decided that I want to reach my goal weight before the conclusion of games. To earn my gold medal so to speak. Awww, that brings tears to my eyes. Where's a Kleenex when you need one? (What can I say, I'm still trying for that endorsement). :) Where was I? Oh yeah, reaching my goal. It just seemed fitting that I try to come full circle from when I started this blog. So, to update all of my fans (who am I kidding...to update my family), I'm one week into my training regime/diet and I've lost 3 pounds. I'm using marbles as a visual motivator to keep me on track and Katy Perry on my iTunes.
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire ‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR Louder, louder than a lion ‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are back in action! love your posts and can't wait to see you achieve your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! You are so clever and funny! Good luck, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Back!!! Are those Grandpa Gill marbles? :) Way to go with the 3lb loss. Keep it up.
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Megan! Yes, they are grandpa's marbles. Seems fitting that I would use something that is a reminder of one of our biggest cheerleaders.

    ReplyDelete