Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The perfect 10!

Wow, training for the Olympics is hard work...especially when you aren't really going to the Olympics, your body is completely out of shape, and you have no athletic ability whatsoever. So, I decided if I'm going to reach my goals I better start training now (insert Rocky music here). My focus is the perfect 10! Why 10 you ask. Besides my homage to the upcoming Olympics, it seemed fitting based on the following...

Amazingly, my knee is still weak from the knee scope at the end of June. So this training is two-fold. I will be doing rehab as well as getting in shape. I thought to myself I can ride the bike all day long, so I'm well on my way to my goal. Ha! My body laughed in my face. Well, I guess it didn't laugh as that is not possible, but you know what I mean. I was able to ride for 10 minutes before my knee said enough. Not what I was hoping for, but I'll take it. So, I'll ride for 10 minutes in the morning and 10 at night until I can build up strength in my knee.

Yesterday, I waved to my neighbor. In doing so, I noticed that my underarms kept waving after I had stopped. Thank goodness there wasn't a strong wind as my "wings" may have had me flying away. How do I fix the problem? According to exercise websites, pushups are the quickest way to strengthen your arms. So, I thought...pushups no problem. Again, my body laughed at me. After 5, my arms started to shake. By pushup number 10, my arms said enough. So fine, I will do 3 reps of 10 throughout the day.

Finally, my weight loss goal for the month. I decided that the number 10 was a reasonable goal. I've already loss 3 pounds, and I have 7 to go. I think it is pretty doable. I have to admit, I weigh myself each day to ensure that I'm staying stable and not gaining. It is a little upsetting when the scale number doesn't move, but I'm staying strong. Thank goodness I'm strong somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment