Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Day Late and a Pound Short

Wow, I've really been busy the past couple days! I can't believe that I almost forgot to blog about my weigh in on Moday and how things are progressing. So, let me tell you about the past few days...

Unfortunately, this has not been a great week (and it just started). For the past four days I have had sciatica pain on my right side in addition to the pain in my left hip. It sucks!!! I'm sick of hurting, I'm sick of having to take pain killers, I'm sick of eating ice cream...oops, that just snuck in there. Luckily, I gave up sweets for Lent so I haven't been pigging out on sweets. Notice the qualifier...sweets. That doesn't mean I haven't been eating.

I may have mentioned that I'm an emotional eater. So, when I get upset I eat more than I should. I don't wolf down a whole pizza, but I don't stop after one piece either. I've been so good about my calorie intake and my water intake these past few weeks, that I'm a little put out by these past few days. The good news is I only gained a pound. I'm just so upset with myself! I just wish I had something new to focus on...
Not necessarily what I meant. You are probably wondering what this is a picture of...drum roll, please...that is my neighbor's shed. Yep, we've had high winds recently. Strong enough winds that my neighbor's shed just knocked down part of my fence and rolled into my yard. Perfect! Something new to agonize over. Of course, the house next door is a rental and getting a hold of the landlord is taking forever! Ugh! I need a vacation, or just something to take my mind off of the "structure" (as my other neighbor calls it) in my back yard.

So, by now, I'm hoping that some of my readers are feeling really sorry for me and wondering how to help. I could be an upstanding person, and say that I don't need anything. Please...of course I want something (preferably covered in chocolate...just kidding). So, if anyone feels bad enough to donate their NCAA tournament tickets to a person in need of a break...I won't turn them down. All I can say is...Let's go KU & Duke!!! Oh, and VCU and Butler, the upset teams I'm cheering for. And Ohio St. and San Diego St., play well...my bracket needs you to win. And UNC, I hope you lose! What did you expect, I'm a Duke fan! And...oh well, I'm just ready for everyone to play ball. To end this post let me repeat my March Madness Wish...
May your teams be nimble, may your teams be quick, may your teams trump the teams that make you sick. May your teams advance to the big dance, as they score and make their way to the Final Four!

2 comments:

  1. I always get so lost when people start talking sports. lol I'll root for KU & Duke too--this is basketball, right? ;-) Baseball? See? I'm clueless. I know football is done.

    I had a little incident with chocolate today. Emotional & sugar and CRAVING. Fortunately I was able to lighten up on dinner to make up for it, but it really didn't make me feel better. In fact, it made me feel worse. It's DH's fault for bringing chocolate into the house in the first place. Has nothing to do with me losing control. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the structure? You poor thing. Hope they get that structure out of there and your fence fixed pronto.

    ReplyDelete