Monday, March 14, 2011

Kids, weight loss, and basketball...does it get any better?

My life could not get any better than it is right now! I just spent a great (and busy) five days watching my four nephews. It was a little crazy at times, but they were a lot of fun! I especially enjoyed waking up at 4AM with my sister's youngest. Colt was wide awake and more than happy to point out my nose and eyes. I wanted to be mad at him, but he has a smile that just melts my heart. Carston spent the most time with me. One night I was lying on the couch with my book, and the next thing I know Carston is lying at the other end of the couch with his book. I love that he is my reader!!! Cooper, the second oldest is the definition of sweet! He missed his mom and dad. He would show me a picture of him and his mom that was taken at his school's "T" party. He was so proud of that picture, and showed it to me daily. Finally, there is Cade. He is the oldest and loves all things sports. He and I went to church on Saturday, and then made it home for the second half of the KU/Texas game. We cheered the Jayhawks to victory and talked basketball most of the night. It was great! Could my life get any better?

Yep!!! Now, the best news of all...I lost another 2 pounds! I'm sooooo happy I could scream! I wasn't sure how I did this week since I didn't follow my diet plan as well as I would have liked. I mean, I quit drinking water and lived off of Sonic's Diet Cherry Vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper for three days! I was like an addict that needed a fix. I'll be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to know that the Sonic carhops know my name and car. Seriously, I was there a lot! I blame it on Happy Hour...the 2 best hours of my day. Who doesn't love half price drinks? I'm just "happy" that Happy Hour didn't hinder my weight loss!

Speaking of Happy Hour...my week will be full of Happy Hours as the NCAA Basketball Tournament starts this week. This is my favorite holiday of all time! I'm still campaigning to make March Madness a recognized holiday. It is a special time (she says with tears in her eyes). Such hard work, such dedication, such drama...I live for this stuff! Rock Chalk Jayhawk....Go KU!!! and Let's go Duke!!!

March Madness 2011 Poem
Tournament time is here,
Let's give a big cheer,
for the teams that are great,
and make the top 68.
The teams have been drawn,
and TVs will be on,
to watch the fellas,
and hopefully some Cinderellas,
fight to advance,
to the big dance.
It is my wish,
that the guards dish,
to the guys down low,
and they make at least a free throw.
All I can say,
is that I love each day,
that I get to view,
my favorite teams...Go KU!

3 comments:

  1. Another 2lbs!!! That's AWESOME! Way to go. And thank you, thank you, thank you for watching the boys. I know they had just as fun a time. I'm still being called Grandma and Amy. :) Keep up the good work and GO KU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so on your way to your desired weight!Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another two pounds! Good for you! So glad to hear that you are doing so well...

    ...and yes, your life sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete