Thursday, March 17, 2011

How to have a successful blog

When I first started blogging, I was just blogging for myself. It was a way for me to stay honest about my weight loss or weight gain. It was therapy. Yet, somewhere along the way, I decided that I wanted my blog to appeal to others. I wanted to make people smile with my crazy viewpoints on dieting and weight loss. I wanted to take a serious (and sometimes depressing) topic and make it fun and relatable. So, I started researching. I read article after article about having a successful blog. The end result...become an expert on your topic. Seriously, that's all it takes. I can do that! So, below is my first piece of advice from a dieting "expert".

The best way to eat ice cream is to eat it when it is frozen solid and not soft. Trying to get an ice cream scoop through hard ice cream is quite the workout. So, you benefit from this two ways. You use the muscles in your arms, and you eat less since it is hard to scoop. I also recommend using both your right and left hand to scoop. You don't want the muscle on your right to be overdeveloped when compared to the muscle on your left.


Now, I'm sure some of you are thinking...that is her "expert" advice. Of course it is! To have a successful blog, I need to be an expert. Let's face it, if I was an expert on weight loss, I would be a size two! It amazes me that "blogging experts" recommend reading articles on my blog topic, watching videos, and reviewing items because that will make me an expert and a successful blogger. Come on...that just makes me knowledgeable about what works for others. If it worked for everyone, no one would have weight issues. I prefer to be an "expert" on what makes me successful, what makes me laugh about the whole weight loss experience, and making friends with people in the same boat as myself. If that means my blog won't be successful, but I will...I can live with that!



Additional expert recommendation:
Count the number of times I used the word "expert" in this post, and drink that many glasses of water. Not the most fun "drinking game"...but a game is a game, right? Take it from me, I'm an "EXPERT"...Hey, there's another one!


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment