Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 1

Welcome to the Battle Within in 2010. A blog for people that are trying to change their lives. Let's face it, all of us have something about ourselves that we want to change. Whether it is something small like hair color or something big like weight loss, we all need to take a first step toward that elusive change. So this year I took a sport's analogy to heart...Go big or go home. So I decided to go big! I'm a 32-year-old female that is overweight, single and ready to do something about it.

As you can see, I'm a procrastinator. Most people start the New Year's Resolution January 1st, but I'm not most people. I wanted to really think about what I wanted to do this year, so I decided to improve myself. Hence the title, The Battle Within in 2010. I'm going to change myself from the inside out. My goal by December 31, 2010 is to have lost 61 pounds and attempt to find love. I hope that by writing about my journey, I'll be more apt to stick to my goals. I'm new to blogging so bear with me throughout this process as I begin my journey.

As of today, I weigh 194 pounds. A lot, I know! Amazingly, because I'm proportionate I look like I weigh 170. Some see this as a blessing, but I see it as a curse. Because I gain weight everywhere, I can't tell when I gain and when I lose. Then I get upset and grab the ice cream, and the pounds just add up. My clothes don't fit well, and let's face it...there are not many flattering clothes for plus size people. So I live in sweats, workout suits, and whatever feels comfortable. I know what your thinking...what guy could resist that? Did I mention I'm single? :)

So today is a new day! Step one...throw out the ice cream (in other words start eating healthy), step two...start dressing a little nicer (in clothes that are comfortable but not necessarily found in a sweaty gym), and step three...learn to like/love myself for the person I am and hopefully the rest will follow.

To all of you that have the same hopes and dreams of making a change, good luck!!! We can do this!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOOO HOOOO!! I am cheering you on all the way girl! I am so proud of you! YOU CAN DO IT! This is a wonderful step you are taking. I am sure it won't be easy, but you have so much to offer someone special and as soon as you feel good about yourself, you'll just be happier in general and others will be drawn to that!
    Great Job Amy, keep this updated, I am going to check in daily :)

    ReplyDelete