Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 4 - The Diet

Today, it is all about that nasty four letter word...diet.  Obviously, when you are 59 pounds overweight, diet should be the most important word in your vocabulary, if not the most dreaded.  So today, I'm taking a deeper look at what I eat.  Based on my in depth analysis, I should either be living in Mexico or I should be melting.  I can't help it...I love mexican food, and my sweet of choice is ice cream.  Needless to say this needs to change.

Starting today, I'm doing a partial gluten free diet.  Going gluten free does not guarentee weight loss as you can still have ice cream, corn chips, etc., but it does make you get creative with fruits, vegetables, and protein (by the way gluten-free pasta doesn't taste bad at all).  I need more of all three of these in my diet.  Also, I'm going to start drinking water.  For some reason this is one of the hardest changes to make in my diet.  I love my Diet Rite!!!  I'm also going to start drinking Green Tea.  So, that is my diet plan.

I must admit, part of my problem with dieting and exercise, is that it won't work.  As most of you know, I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), and it makes losing weight difficult.  I fear that even if I exercise and eat right, the weight will not come off.  I realize that this is an irrational fear, but none the less, it is there.  In the past, when I attempted to lose weight and didn't, I then gained 5 to 10 pounds more because I would get depressed.  Today, however, is a new day!  Negativity cannot be a part of my vocabulary if I want to reach my goals.  Wish me luck! 

1 comment:

  1. you can do it! you already know the key to a healthy life is moving more and eating less and now that you are committed to the lifestyle, you will do it! congrats on day 4.

    I second the tea idea! At night, Matthew and I always snack together. If I am trying to refrain and he still has a sweet, I get angry :) So at night instead of cookies and milk, I have hot tea. At least it is something sweet tasting and at least counts toward my water goal :)

    ReplyDelete