Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 127 - Where has the week gone?

I can't believe that it is Thursday already! Where has the week gone? It seems like Monday was just the other day. Of course, that is probably due to the fact that this has been a crazy, busy week. Let's start with Memorial weekend...

Friday, some of the family went to Emporia to watch Annie play in the state softball tournament. It was an exciting evening. The game was scoreless toward the end of the game. Luckily, we were the home team because the team we played scored in the top of the last inning. As a team we were not hitting well, but our bats came through at the very end. We won and advanced to Saturday's games. We won both (Annie was great), and the girls won the first ever state title in school history for any girl's sport. Way to go girls!!! K State had a rough weekend at the Big Twelve Tournament, but Daniel played great! He was named to the all-tournament team. Just one more honor to add to a growing list. Congrats!!!

Sunday and Monday I spent helping mom with my three nephews. Cade and the Rookies were playing in a baseball tournament in Kansas City, and we decided to help out with the kids. I must say that they are a hoot! I need to start writing down some of the things that they say to me. It is always fun spending time with them. Cooper was exited about playing in their small pool and had a great time "swimming". He told me that Cade taught him how. Carston was happy just to stand next to the pool at his water table and play. Colton would stand at the window, hit it with his hands, smile and yell at them. The highlight was seeing a deer in the neighbor's yard while they played. A good time was had by all.

June 1st was a great day as well! It was Megan's birthday, and how else would a mother of four spend her special day? At a baseball game of course. Cade's league team played the late night game and won. Cade played great! After swinging at some of the high ones, he had a triple. He also acted as the "closer" and struck out a few kids. It was a great evening.

As for everything else, it has just been busy. Our family is having a garage sale on Saturday so I'm trying to get organized. For those of you that know me, this is a challenge! Too bad I can't just pay Megan to do it. :) Oh well, I guess it is a learning experience. I do know that tomorrow will be stressful because inevitably I will wait until the last minute to get everything done. Note to self...schedule a photo shoot so a new picture can be put next to "procrastinator" in the dictionary. See...busy!!!

Oh yeah, no weight loss this week and no weight gain either. Bummer, but based on the amount of time I've been on the road, I'm pleased with that.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment