Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 152 - Help!

Sorry everyone, but you will not believe what happened....I was kidnapped (or is it adultnapped?). Anyway, it was quite the experience. My captors took me to undisclosed locations over the past couple of weeks. Most often, I found baseball parks or my nieces and nephews at these locations...weird. Then to make matters worse, they only fed me bread and water (who am I kidding...I'd be skinny by now). They forced me (yep, I said forced me) to eat. I have never been so scared in my life! There was birthday cake, good food, and unfortunately quite a bit of take out. It was traumatizing, but I've enjoyed myself. Oh no, Stockholm Syndrome has taken hold (too bad I didn't get a chance to ask my captors if they had any single friends). Oh well. The good news is I'm now closer to being free!!!!

I'm still keeping busy with all of the family, looking for a new job (and yes, NC is an option), eating a more balanced diet, and starting to exercise again (I mean, I'm still being held captive, but I have an escape plan in place...gotta stick to my story). Let's face it, I fell into a rut these past couple of weeks. Maybe rut isn't the right word? A trench, a chasm, a fissure...who are we kidding, let's call it what it was...an abyss. You all will be happy to know that I didn't get lost on my journey to the great, black hole of nothing. Nope, I was on a train that had a set destination. You see, I was so busy with my "routine" and following my weekly path, that I never thought to jump the tracks and leave my captors behind. Deep, I know! :)

So today, I start over! I need to remember why I started this journey in the first place. I need to get out of my rut, and start enjoying this process again. So, as of today, I promise to start blogging again (Amazingly, my captors let me have a computer). I promise to keep you all up to date on my successes and my failures because I'm sure there will be many of each. Most of all, I'm going to put more effort into me and less effort into the "we" mentality. Meaning, I'm going to quit focusing on making everyone elses life better and easier (even though I enjoy it), and work toward determining who I am and where I want my future to go. Kleenex anyone?

Wish me luck in my escape. Hum...I think I need to lose a couple of pounds to fit through the window where I'm being held. Better go work on goal number 1, falling out a window. WWJMD...What would John McLane do? Better go...I hear someone coming...shhhhhhhhhh.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! By the way, love the picture of Sam on his car after helping you bake. Such a boy! It's good to be back! I miss you too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is John Mc Lane? WELCOME BACK!!! Now get to work and finish the JOB you started! Just in your case, do ME first before OTHERS. Love you M'Niece...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Margie! As for John McLane, he is Paul's favorite character of all time. Made popular by Bruce Willis in all of the Die Hard movies. What can I say, he is my action hero crush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back! I'm with Margie...put YOU first and you will do great! Love Ya, Julie

    ReplyDelete