Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 68 - Day 67 is missing too

What can I say! It was beautiful yesterday, it was Easter, and again I totally forgot to blog. Crazy! Apparently, that 21 days makes a habit philosophy is not true for me. That would explain why I can never stick with an exercise program. Hum...who knew that it would take a blog for me to come to this realization. What can I say...I'll use any excuse I can! :)

I hope that everyone had a safe and blessed Easter! I had a great time with my family, but there was a downside to the festivities. Let's just say that I will never work for the CIA or FBI. I would be taken hostage and threatened to tell all of my secrets, but I know that I would never betray any confidences. Then, my captors would say, "we have ways of making you talk", and they would bring in the big guns. Yep, Heath Bar Cake and Oreo (Dirt) Cake! I would crumble from this type of torture(nice food reference)!!! I have to tell you...my will power is non-existent. I'm sure that you all must realize that these two desserts were present at the Easter festivities...darn it, and I succumbed. :(

Thank goodness that my weekend had a positive side as well (besides the religious holiday)! Duke won! All you haters out there, all I can say is "Ha, Ha, Ha!" Childish, I know, but I love that we are in the championship game tonight. The other good news is that I can ride my bike throughout the game, and pray that my "torture" from this weekend is pedaled away. Oh please, oh please, oh please! Hopefully, my evening will be complete with a Duke win!!!

Duke is no fluke,
everyone is spooked,
that Butler will lose,
instead of cruise.
I hope Duke will win,
and this will begin,
years of great teams,
this will fulfill my dreams.
But first,
before I burst,
I hope that tonight is full of grins,
as Duke wins,
the final game,
that will proclaim,
Duke the best,
of all of rest,
and help alleviate the sadness,
of the end of March Madness.


Have a good one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment