Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 64 - Age is just a number

Today, for the first time, I truly believe that age is just a number. It does not reflect who we are and how we behave. I am a prime example! To watch me dance or exercise, you would think I was 80 years-old. Why 80? Because my coordination and grace is that of someone well in the years. To look at my clothes, you would think I was in my early 40s. What can I say...I dress in baggy, shapeless clothes and it ages me. To see me working today, you would consider me a high school student. No work tomorrow makes it hard for me to want to work today. Sound familiar to all of you teachers? To see me with my nieces and nephews, you would think I was 8 years-old. What can I say, I'm a dork. :) Finally, if you were to judge me on my activity level, you would put me at the 8 month mark. I can move if I want. But, I take my time, and I only move when I want to.

Now, you may have noticed, that none of these ages reflect my true age of 32-years-old. So, I'm hoping that by the end of the year all of that will change. By losing the weight and getting my body in gear, I hope to wear more age appropriate clothes, be more focused, and want to exercise. That will definitely help me to feel better about myself and more comfortable in my own skin (no matter what my age may be).

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment