Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 69 - A post-Easter Miracle

Last night was great! Duke beat a great Butler team by 2 points to become the 2010 National Champions! It was everything that a championship game should be. There were no huge leads, just two teams battling to the end. I loved every minute of it!!!! The only down side was the highlight video at the end. Jennifer Hudson sang One Shining Moment. While I typically like her voice, I hated her version of the song. It was all about showing off vocally instead of feeling the true meaning behind the words (FOX...I'm willing to replace Simon Cowell next year, and will happily accept his paycheck). Also, they kept showing her! What's up with that? Was she playing in the tournament and I missed it? Seriously, the tournament is about the athletes and not the singer. Whew...glad I got that off my chest! What do you think?



All of the early polls, where fans voted, had Duke being the first number one seed to lose in the tournament. How fitting that they were the last team and only number one seed still standing. I must admit, while I enjoyed the game, I also watched with great sadness. Basketball is over! How will I ever survive? (Insert Gloria Gaynor here)

Basketball has come to an end,
I am happy or so I pretend.
I will miss the close games,
and all of the great names,
that made this tournament great,
and no one can debate,
that Duke was crowned number one,
and boy was it great fun!

3 comments:

  1. And here I thought by your title you were going to say you lost 5lbs even after eating an entire bunny made of chocolate! :)

    It was a great game last night. If the Butler kid had just taken a little bit off his last second heave, they would have been cutting down the nets.

    When the Butler kid was shooting his freethrows towards the end, Eric said to me, "Can you imagine being in the stands and watching your son drain two clutch freethrows in the National Championship game?" And I said, yeah...I watched Cade drain two this year to win the SE Tournament! :) Pretty much the same, just on a different level. And poor Coop will be like the 3rd Manning brother. At all the games, but no one will know who he is. :)haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought Butler would pull it out in the end. They were the team that never quit and always found a way to win. But I'm thrilled for Coach K!

    By the way, I still think Cooper is going to shock us all and be the best athlete of the bunch! :)

    ReplyDelete