Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 70 - The miracles, they just keep a comin'

Well, as I'm sure you guessed, I lost another pound. I can only contribute this to another "miracle". I mean, you are all aware of the "torture" that I was subjected to over the weekend. The cruelty of those great cooks and bakers that didn't just bring one type of food. Oh no, they brought two! Desserts that they knew I could not resist. It was their goal to sabotage all that I have accomplished! They all know that my will power does not exist when Oreo (dirt) Cake and Heath Bar Cake are placed in front of me. They (my family) hate me I tell you...hate me!!!! And the Oscar for complete exaggeration with high drama goes to....Amy!!! Thank you!

Seriously, this past week was not a great one by any means, but it wasn't awful. On Saturday, I knew I was going to have a little (little being the key word) of my two favorite desserts. I knew that this wouldn't kill me (maybe bruise me a little, but not kill me) since I had a high protein brunch that day. I have found that if I have normal portions of carbs, protein, and fat four times a week as well as high protein meals three times a week, I will lose at least one pound. For someone with PCOS, this is a great accomplishment. To maintain a one pound a week weight loss is not a certainty for someone with my condition. Needless to say, I'm thrilled!!! I can't wait until my next "miracle"...dropping a pant size.

3 comments:

  1. Good job, girl. I am impressed that the weight just keeps coming off you. And now maybe the weather will be nice so you can get outside......and not be blown away by that darn wind!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work...keep moving and moving! Proud of you, you can keep it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all! You know, I probably should thank Megan too. If we hadn't shopped the majority of Friday, I probably wouldn't have gotten my exercise that day. Whoever thought I would be glad I shopped! Just something new to ponder.

    ReplyDelete