Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 86 - Looking forward to the weekend

Oh man, I'm sooooo ready for the weekend, and I can’t wait to catch up on my sleep! My Dad and I attended a conference in Denver on Tuesday and Wednesday, and needless to say, it was two very long days. Our flight left KC at 6:25am (meaning we were up at 4:15am), got into Denver at 7:30am, our meetings ran from 8:30am-7:30pm on Tuesday, 8:30am-5:30pm on Wednesday, and our flight back to KC was supposed to leave at 7:25pm. It was delayed. We ended up getting in to KC at 11:30pm. By the time we drove home, it was 1:15am. Long trip!!! Thank goodness the pilot promised to "fly the plane like I stole it" to make up for some of the delay.

The funny thing is, if it was a vacation and I was doing fun things, the long days wouldn't have been so bad. Too make matters even worse the conference provided snacks. To all of you that have ever attended a conference at a hotel, you know what this means...bread, donuts, cookies, and brownies. Seriously, would it have killed them to put out some fruit? Thank goodness there was coffee!!!! I never would have survived without it.

Since the individuals at the conference wanted to derail my diet (we all know that was their main goal...the conference was just a ruse) and I kind of let them, I decided to hold off weighing myself until next Wednesday. I know myself well enough, that I know if I saw a 2+ pound weight gain, I would go to the nearest Braums and inhale as much ice cream as possible. So, I decided to remain oblivious to my possible weight gain and live in denial the rest of the week. Hopefully, by Wednesday my weight will be 185, and I can be bummed that I didn't lose any weight but maintained, instead of being bummed that I gained weight. A girl can dream!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pilots quote! On our way out to Oregon we had an awesome flight attendant. It was on the flight out to Denver and when they were going through the safety procedures she said, "in the event of a water landing, which is highly unlikely,...." and then when it was time for the oxygen masks she said something like, "once you're done sceaming like a girl, place the mask over your face..." It was awesome!! :)

    Good luck with the weigh in. Fruit and I are going to become one this week. I am making a full blown committment to lose the weight and of course had to start on a Monday! :) Hope Wednesday is good to you!

    ReplyDelete