Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 63 - Drum roll please

It is official! I have hit a milestone!!! I have lost 10 pounds!!!! Yay me! Now, I just need to figure out what "reward" to give myself for reaching my goal. I mean, once a girl buys herself a big ticket item for reaching her first goal, where do you go from there? Since I just bought the new furnace/AC unit, maybe I'll gift myself with new plumbing or rewiring the house. Hum...who am I kidding? That should be saved for the 25 pound milestone! :) Seriously, I'm really pleased with my results. I am averaging one pound a week! So, for the month of April, my goal is to lose 5 pounds. I'm really excited because this is doable.

I just hope that the weather doesn't get too hot too soon. Since my clothes are still fitting the same, I don't have many items that I can wear. The good news is another 5-10 pounds, and it will be like I have a whole new wardrobe! So, like I mentioned, my new goal is to lose 5 pounds by the end of April. In addition, I want to drop the W from my pants size, and lose my double chin (especially before my nephew and neice lose theirs). What can I say...I'm competitive!

I also want to thank everyone for their kind words, support, and love! I couldn't have done it without all of you!!!

4 comments:

  1. WOOO HOOO!!!! This is wonderful! Great motivation to keep going. Keep it up! I am already excited for next Wednesday's post to see the weight loss ticker hit 11 because I know you can and will do it :) Congrats, celebrate with a new download!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I'm actually treating myself to a beauty day! There is a salon in KC that specializes in curly hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great reward! Have a great time pampering yourself...feels good to get a new 'do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!!!!!!! I immediately knew without even reading your post b/c of your ticker!!! I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work! And you can definitely do 5 in April!

    Once I get my butt in gear, maybe we could make a goal of doing a 5k later in the fall...like Balkens Day or something. I think PSU has one on homecoming weekend.

    And I bet a million dollars you lose your double chin before Colt! :) He's taking in more calories than he's working off. Of course, he's still army crawling, so the muscle he's toning in his arms and legs may burn some of that fat. I don't know.

    Congrats again and KEEP IT UP!!!

    ReplyDelete