Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 35 - A recap of yesterday

I know you are all dying for a recap of yesterday's American Idol (the weight loss edition). I'll admit I was nervous about my performance yesterday. It was not my worst showing, but it was not my best either. I started the day with cereal and milk. For lunch, I had grilled chicken, a small baked potato, and applesauce. Then for dinner, I had two soft tacos from Taco Bell (the Fresco kind off their "Drive Thru Diet" menu). Needless to say the judges reactions were mixed.

Randy just didn't get it. He missed the kind of "artist" I was in weeks past (I think the Taco Bell dinner threw him for a loop). Ellen liked me! She thought I had great presence (someone has been reading the blog). Kara said that I was a million times better than last week. (She is so hard to please). Finally, to Simon...the judge we love to hate, but let's face it, we almost always agree with him. When he heard what I was going to do (eat a Taco Bell dinner and get on the scale the next day), he was sure it would be a disaster. However, he was pleasantly surprised (He heard I rode the bike for an hour after dinner). He thinks that this is the type of "artist" I should be. Someone that takes risks but doesn't change what works.

So based on the judges comments, I wasn't too worried about today's results. When Ryan called me to take my place at center stage, I took a deep breath and looked at my competition. My competition appeared so small and personally I thought he was a little flat. I knew I would have no trouble besting him. So, I stepped right on him (yep, I'm talking about my scale) and awaited the results. Amazingly, we did not cut to a commercial break, but got right on with the figures. I was safe! I lost two pounds!!!! I'm so excited! I have now lost 9 pounds total, and my next goal is to reach 179 by April. Wish me luck!

From someone who is safe to weigh another day...Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment