Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 51 - What's my problem (no comments please)

Yesterday, the madness began...and it kept going, and going, and going. It was the best first day of basketball I've seen in a long time! I was enthralled and loved every minute of it. But as the day progressed, I noticed a trend. I was cheering for every underdog team (except Lehigh).

What's my problem? I filled out a bracket. I should be cheering for all of the teams that I picked, but no...I was cheering for Murray St., Robert Morris, San Diego State, Montana. It was madness!!!! Which I guess should be expected since the tournament is referred to as March Madness...still!

Now as you know, I live to learn (or I like to think I do). So, what have I learned? I'm not a competitor. It isn't about winning the bracket challenge and out picking my friends and family (which is what it should be about). Nope, I'm a defender of the underdog, the downtrodden (ok, so downtrodden is kinda harsh), the Davids vs. Goliaths (unless it is KU and Duke). I'm for the little people (which is funny when you think of how tall basketball players are but I digress). I'm hoping that today is just as exciting as yesterday!!!! May every underdog win (except Ark. Pine Bluff), and may my Mom continue to shine as our bracket leader (two losses...not bad...especially since she doesn't watch basketball much).

My March Madness Poem (Seriously, Hallmark...call me)

Here's to more madness,
which I'm sure will bring sadness,
as teams soar and try to score,
to lead their teams to the Sweet Sixteen,
and play clean,
to reach the scene,
that will lead them to the overall dream.
A dream of winning,
and beginning,
a quest to be the best,
as they impress,
the fans that cheer and drink their beer (stay with me),
as they watch teams earn more wins,
with big grins,
and dance their way to the day,
that everyone hopes to play.
The big dance is their chance,
to play ball,
and win it all,
without sadness,
and survive the March madness.


Happy March Madness!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am still in shock that you are cheering for KU. I mean, seriously. So if Duke and KU are to meet...who do you cheer for then? :) And I'll bet a million dollars Mom picked St. Mary's over Richmond.

    I too was cheering for the underdog. I think unless your a fan of the team playing the lower seed, it's kinda our nature. Plus I'd rather play a #13 seed than a #4. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a rough one! I'd probably pick KU over Duke just because I've watched more KU games this year. The only way that would happen is if they met in the championship game...it could happen.

    And, you're right...Mom did pick St. Mary's over Richmond, but she picked Notre Dame to lose. They never should've had Obama talk there. She has lost all respect for Notre Dame. :)

    ReplyDelete