Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 49 - Do I have to weigh in?



This week has certainly been educational. We are all aware of the adages don't run with scissors, don't cry over spilled milk, the early bird gets the worm, etc. But, what about the everyday words of wisdom that our parents don't share with us. You know...be careful when ordering off the menu at IHOP, just because Wendy's offers crispy chicken doesn't mean you need to order it, just because there is one piece of pizza left in the box doesn't mean you need to eat it, and my personal favorite...just because you like candy and ice cream doesn't mean you need to mix the two.

Now, as you are reading, I'm sure you are detecting a theme. It was a baaaaaaaddddd week!!!! Everything I know I shouldn't eat, I ate. Did I exercise? No! So how bad was the weigh in you ask? I gained (gulp) a pound and a half. Now, there are two ways to look at this. The first being, this is awful! I was on a roll (and not eating any). This is a HUGE step backward. I will never survive this downfall. Oh the horror, oh the shame! Or, the second outlook, you can view this as a positive. Sure, I was awful, but it could have been a lot worse. I didn't eat much protein this week, I didn't exercise, and I ate out a lot...if I really buckle down this week I can definitely lose the weight I gained.

Needless to say, I'm going to look at this as a positive. Ok, so I fell off the wagon and took down everyone in way. It's fine! I just need to work harder this week than I did last week. I am woman hear me roar, I'm a dieting dynamo watch me soar (needs work), but you get the point. I can do this. Next week, I plan to have lost the pound and a half I gained. I can do it!!!

Before I go, one last piece of advice...don't cry over spilled ice cream as you are running with chocolate in your hand to be the early bird that gets the gummy worm. I bet your parents never told you that one!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! The quote at the end, not the pound and a half.
    RemeMBER THIS ONE, "IT'S A MARATHON, NOT A SPRINT" You're great and doing great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness it's a marathon because I can't sprint worth a darn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more than certain you are going to get right back on track. You've worked too hard at this point to just fall off the wagon. Plus I'll be on your rear! ;)

    I need to call Maggie and get her to be our personal trainer. haha! Keep your head up, remember the outcome, and when that chocolate is calling you, get on the treadmill. Or give it up for Lent like I did. Pocket that one for next year.

    ReplyDelete