Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 36 - A discovery

I'm sure that in the past I have mentioned that I have been blessed and cursed. Blessed because I'm proportionate so I don't look as heavy as I am, and I carry my weight well (if that is possible). However, I'm also cursed because I can't tell when I'm losing weight. I know the scale has shown a nine pound drop (Yay me), but to look at me you couldn't tell.

I was so excited to look in the mirror this morning to see if I could see any changes. As I looked in the mirror, I thought to myself "lookin' good". It was after this observation that I made my fatal flaw. Yep, I turned sideways. This viewpoint has always been the bane of my existence. In my case, I'm thinking I'm definitely seeing the weight loss, and then I turn to the side and realize it's just hiding. It was there all along (darn big butt).


So I have decided that all mirrors should be like car mirrors. They should have a disclaimer that says "Objects in mirror are thinner than they appear". Seriously, wouldn't that just make your day? Then it wouldn't matter that the fit of my clothes haven't changed, or that I look the same as before I lost the nine pounds. I can believe the mirror! I mean the words would be right there. I'll be rich I tell you...RICH!!!

3 comments:

  1. I want this mirror!!!!!!!!! Are you gong to the game tonight or watching kids?

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I want one too!!! I'm going to the game tonight, and mom will watch the kids. I need to keep the book. I just that hope we play well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just hope we play well...come on! Was there any question??? :)

    I'm still holding out hope for the skinny camera lense!!

    ReplyDelete