Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 62 - The agony of weigh in eve

Oh...I hate Tuesdays almost more than I hate Wednesdays (weigh in day)! I sit and agonize over whether I did enough to drop even half a pound. I dream that I get on the scale and there is a massive weight loss, only to realize it is a dream! Oh, the pressure! Have I mentioned that I don't handle pressure well? Why? Because my trigger for wanting to eat is stress and pressure...well, also sadness, boredom, depression, hunger...make it stop! Yeah, so basically, I love to eat no matter what I'm feeling. Not good!

I will say that I have managed my emotional eating rather well this week. We won't mention the cinnamon roll, Braum's hamburger, and fries that I had over the weekend...darn! Did I mention that I stink at keeping secrets too? So, my eating wasn't unbelievable, but it wasn't bad either. I ate well, so I rewarded myself (maybe a little too much) by having some foods that I craved. Oh, how I wish I could crave a salad! I did exercise (I love the bike) to make up for my "You're doing great, eat a hamburger and fries day". Hopefully, my cheat day wont kill me! Please, oh please!

Yesterday, I again exercised through osmosis by watching Dancing with the Stars! I had no idea that their was another dancer on the show with my elegance and grace. No, I'm not talking about Pamela Anderson (though I see the resemblance...hopefully some men are reading this). My dancing double is none other than...drum roll please...Buzz Aldrin. Yep, I have the elegance and grace of an 80-year-old. What can I say...I'm inept. I admit it, and I embrace it! While I may not be a dancing diva or light on my feet, I can make people smile and lighten their day. Hum...does this make me an American Hero? I may never have walked on the moon, but I have eaten a Moon Pie...does that count with NASA? More thought provoking questions tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't had a moon pie in a while..........:)

    I hope tomorrow is all you want it to be. Just know you are not alone in the quest to be thinner. Any positive step you take gets you closer to the finish line. None of us are perfect and I'm sure you enjoyed the burger/fries/cin(sin)roll! We have to live a little!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Julie!!!! I actually think I will have at least dropped a pound. If so, that means that I will have reached the 10 pound mark, and I can keep my cheat day! Fingers crossed!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! You can do it...use iTunes as your reward, less calories for about the same price :)
    You are doing great and you can keep doing it! I tell Caroline what you taught me, "NO EXCUSES!"..great advice and I am trying to use it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genuis! iTunes isn't a bad idea. Thanks Kristen! As for excuses, I don't believe in them...unless your dog ate your homework, the weather wouldn't let you work out...well you get the point! :) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck tomorrow!!! Eric and I are going to buy the P90X program and get our rears back in shape! I'm actually excited. Now, if I could just get my darn kids to sleep through the night so getting up at 530 won't KILL me as well as the workout, my life would be wonderful!!! For some reason I like feeling sore to the point I can't walk. Means it's working! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are crazy, but I love you anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete