Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 47 - My dieting life

I realized today that I stink at dieting and exercise. I'm sure I've mentioned the "can't tell if I've lost or if I've gained weight" problem, and how that can cause me to sabotage what I've accomplished. I eat bad for a couple of days, but I'm sure I haven't gained since my clothes fit the same. Wrong...I'm probably up two pounds. I'm sure that is what is going to happen this week, but I have no one to blame but myself (and IHOP).

If I were to look back on my past week (Wednesday through today), I would have to compare my diet and exercise regime to that of Mario Kart for the Wii. My diet is like the courses of the game. It is ever changing, and I can only master a few of the courses (just ask my 4-year-old nephew). As for exercise, let's just say..."thank goodness for multiple lives". When it comes to exercise this past week, it feels like my screen character (Peach...seriously, who doesn't want to have their own crown) continues to drive herself off into the abyss.

So this week, I need to pick a course that I know I can master and I need to try to use only one life. No more falling off the wagon (or in this case, falling to my death and using up all of my lives). I just need to keep hearing my nephew's voice in my head. Whenever I want to quit playing, he says, "but Amy, you're really doin' good". So this week, when I want to quit the "diet and exercise" game, I need to remember my nephew and that no matter what...I'm really doin' good.

2 comments:

  1. you can do it! try the running plan again...jog it, you don't have to be fast. once you give it a full two weeks, you will notice a difference and it won't be as hard...really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! my plan is to start up again this week. i'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete