Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 56 - So, how did I do?

I did it! I lost 13 pounds this week! So, now that I have your attention, how did I really do? I lost 1 1/2 pounds this week. Which in my mind is the equivalent of 13 pounds, so really my first statement is accurate when you think about it. Or at least in my mind it's accurate. Let's face it, my mind works in weird and mysterious ways that many of you will never understand...but I'm ok with that. :)

This week, I did a great job of eating the right combinations of protein, fast carbs, and slow carbs. This has been the most challenging aspect of eating right. If I had my way, I would be the spokesperson for Taco Bell's Diet Menu. Oh, I miss the days of the Olympics and my quest for endorsement deals. Maybe Taco Bell is my big break...Think outside the bun! Someone, anyone...call me!

Now that I have put out my desperate plea for sponsorship. Where was I? (Seriously, I never should blog before having my cup of coffee as I tend to ramble). Oh yeah, my eating was on point this week. The exercise...not so much. It was alright, but it wasn't great...baby steps. Come to think of it, watching me exercise is like watching a baby take his or her first steps. It is exciting, nerve racking, and I'm a klutz so at some point I'll fall down (which is cute when your a baby but not so much when you're 32). I much prefer the soldier crawl of exercise. You know, walking or riding the bike. It isn't exciting, but I get it done without any fanfare. Oh, fanfare...I miss the Olympics. Where was I? Hum...coffee sounds good...where's my cup?...I know I left here somewhere....

2 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO!!!! Great job sis. Now you know if you stick to it, it'll work you just have to give it time. I'm so proud of you and will continue to be one of your biggest fans as you keep it up! (How's that for making you feel guilty if you don't keep pushing on?) What are us older sisters for anyways??

    I think you'll find that you like working out here before too long, and that you'll miss it if you don't get it in. I know I have felt that way and just need to get in a routine again.

    Keep it up!!! We're all cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan!!! I think once the weather is a little nicer, I'll enjoy working out more. I just don't like treadmills. I have no idea why. Just give me Bon Jovi's greatest hits and push me out the door! :)

    I could walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more...not a Bon Jovi song I know, but you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete