Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 48 - Crossroads

Well, I have reached a time in my life where I need to make some difficult decisions...and no I'm not talking about whether to get highlights or dye my hair one color. Although, that is something that needs to be pondered at a later date. No, my tough decision is what do I want to do with my life.

In the next year, I'm going to need to ask myself some tough questions. Where do I want to live? What type of job do I want? Do I want to start working in sales or go a different route? Do horizontal stripes really make you look fat? Is there such a thing as too much chocolate? You know, the really HARD questions.

Seriously though, I don't have a clue where my life should go. I do know that more than anything I want to have children and a family. So, it is kind of hard to think about a "career" when I always thought that I would be married by now, and that my "career" would be taking care of my family. I do know that whatever I decide, I will put 100% into ensuring that I succeed at the choices I make for my life. If anyone hears of any job opportunities, please feel free to forward them to me.

To be honest, I just want a sign from God. I'm not picky. It can be a small sign or a large sign, but I would be grateful for any sign at all. Maybe I should have been more specific...

3 comments:

  1. I will pray for a sign for you. I can't suggest anything and know that you have to really decide on your own, however, if your journey has you landing here, we'd love it and help you with anything that you might need or want. You are taking some really positive steps and evaluating things in your life...I think a lot of people are afraid to examine themselves and life in such a thoughtful way. I hope you get exactly what you are meant to have, you deserve it and more :)

    When we were really struggling with having children, one of the parents at my school prayed for me. I asked her what exactly she prayed when she prayed and she said, "that you will be able to surrender and let God guide your plans and for you to let go of your idea of plans". It caught me off guard and seemed a little strange at first, but I started praying for the same thing. Caroline was given to us that month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen! You can never overlook the power of prayer!!! I figure, right now, I'm going to spend a lot of time praying for guidance.

    I also think I'm going to look into freelance writing. This might be a good way to make a second income, and if I'm lucky a career. We shall see!

    Thanks again for all of your love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy can I relate! I keep waiting for the writing in the sky. But then I would probably need to be told to look up. Nobody said that life is easy. The good news is that with God all things are possible. Love You!

    ReplyDelete