Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 44 - You learn something new everyday!

Nine pounds! What an accomplishment! Do my clothes fit different? No! Is my body starting to firm up? I wish! Has my double chin magically disappeared? Nope! So, today I have made a profound discovery. Most babies have what is called "baby fat" and second chins, but have you ever really noticed how long it takes for babies to lose what we deem as "cute chubbiness"? Years! Boy, am I in trouble!

Does this mean that my double chin will be present for years? Because let me tell you, "cute chubbiness" does not apply to 32-year-old women...darn it? Too bad I didn't grow up when Rubenesque women were popular. I would be famous! As it is, I have love handles on top of love handles...with so many "handles" it amazes me that some guy hasn't grabbed on. :)

So, today's lesson (besides Rubenesque...big word, meaning plump or rounded usually in a pleasing or attractive way) is to embrace my "cute chubbiness" because it may be longer lasting then I like, but eventually (with a lot of hard work) it will fade away. Have a stupendous weekend! Boy, another big word...anybody up for Scrabble?

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, you had me laughing so hard! You may not be a chubby toddler and your weight might not be baby fat, but you are so cute, Amy! Inside and out.

    Your sense of humor is what I look forward to each day and like I've said before, I am so impressed ad proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen! I'm happy you're amused instead of scared to ready my blog. Let's face it, my mind can be a very scary place!!! :)

    ReplyDelete