Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 61 - What a beautiful day!

Happy Monday!!! Wait, is that an oxymoron? Can people be happy on a Monday? Oh well, first off let me take care of some business. Happy belated birthday to my sister-in-law Meagan, and my cousin's children Sam and Emma. I hope you all enjoyed your special day!!! Also, I want to welcome my Aunt Margie to the blog. This is a scary place to visit. Who knows what little thoughts and tidbits are in my mind! But, I appreciate you talking a walk on the wild side.

Today is a beautiful day! The sun is shining, my pants feel loose (but that could be because of the elastic...hum), and I think I might actually get to walk outside today!!!! Of course, I also am still feeling the euphoria of Duke making it to the Final Four, so that is probably why I'm lovin' Monday! It is a high like no other! There were many polls that projected that Duke would be the first number one seed out of the tournament, but Duke is the ONLY number one seed in the Final Four! I feel like a proud parent...of course, I'm not a parent so I'm just guessing!

As for my goal (and yes I have a goal), I'm hoping to have a good weigh in this week, but I won't lie...the weekend scares me!!! Easter...such a dreaded word for those of us on a diet. Thank goodness the Easter Bunny will not be visiting my house. Due to the chocolate and sugar filled celebration of this great religious holiday, I'm planning on working my tail off (and, yes, that is a reference to the Easter Bunny). I still have my double chin, I still am wearing the same size clothes, and I'm still single (shocking, I know). But, I'm not depressed, I'm not sad because I really haven't done that bad. (Who knew so much rhyming went on in mind...scary). So, this week, I'm hoping the weather stays nice, my pants stay on (ok...that didn't sound good), that I can keep exercising outdoors, and that Duke makes it to the "Big Dance" on Monday! Fingers crossed!!!

2 comments:

  1. M'Niece...thanks for the shout out!...and I must admit, i wasn't sure Duke would make it to the Sweet 16, and now look at them!...I love over achievers...I think we can all relate to them...you go girl...Your favorite Aunt Margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, wasn't sure that Duke could pull it out. But, out of loyalty, I picked them to go to the championship game. I just might need to fly out your way if I want to watch the game with other Duke fans! :) Thanks for the encouragement! Can't wait to see you & Mark next week!!!

    ReplyDelete