Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Post 34 - A new muse?

Oh no! I've lost my muse!!! Without the Olympics, I don't know what may become of me. I'm going to need to find new inspiration, and I'm not sure that I'm up to the task. I mean, if I'm not striving for something shiny, why do I exist? (Deep, right?) Where is Dancing With The Stars when you need it? Let's face it, that shiny ball trophy is more shiny than any Olympic medal. Oh well!

Maybe I need to use American Idol to draw inspiration from (again with the deep thinking...it kinda hurts). Seriously, don't we all have a little Simon Cowell in our head. You step on the scale and hear his voice..."It just isn't good enough", you try on a new outfit..."hideous", or my favorite, you have a cheat day and hear him say..."I think that performance was a little indulgent" (and if there is chocolate involved I would agree).

So as tomorrow (weigh in day) approaches, I can already hear Simon..."It wasn't amazing. I mean, I didn't stop and go WOW! It was just good." I'm hoping my just good is good enough to shed a little bit more weight, and maybe I can be the next American Idol! (And I promise if I succeed I won't sing...that will be my gift to you, the fans).

From your favorite "dawg"...Amy

P.S. I need a name for my fans. Adam Lambert had the Glamberts, so maybe I can have the Famys (Fame + Amy...get it) or the Weightys. I always knew there was a reason I wasn't on Idol...besides the singing (I would make Idols "worst" reel) and the playing of the instruments (does a recorder that I played in third grade count)...I don't have a cool name that can be linked with a saying or word. My short lived career may already be over!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment