Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 50 - Let the madness begin

As I'm sure many of you know, I'm a very deep and thoughtful person. I like to sit and contemplate the world in which we live. What can I say, my mind never stops! So, today, I began thinking about national holidays. What makes a national holiday (other than the government proclaiming it to be one)? Is it a day that people throughout this great nation rally around? Does everyone stop and celebrate the day with friends and family? Do people get together to eat, drink, and enjoy this special day? Is that what makes a holiday? If that is the case, I have made a decision!

I'm declaring March Madness a holiday!!!! Oh, what wonderful days! It is like a fairy tale. There are often Cinderella stories of the tournament with the underdogs beating the top ranked teams. Teams that shouldn't win but do. Then, there are the fans. Those individuals that feel so much emotion during this wondrous time. It brings joy, togetherness, and for some, it brings upset and tears. I can't think of a better "holiday"! There should be Hallmark Cards for this joyous occasion! Um...employment opportunity?

To all of my faith readers, Happy March Madness! May your teams be nimble, may your teams be quick, my your teams trump the teams that make you sick. May your teams advance to the big dance as they score and make their way to the Final Four! Hallmark...call me!!!!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk...KU!!! (By the way if anyone has a good idea for a KU inspired background, please let me know).

6 comments:

  1. WHAT???? KU???? What about Duke? :) I love the hallmark card! Where was that when we headed to Manhattan? That could have been a little prayer. Mom could have said it at adoration. :)

    I love the blog, background and all. Keep it up! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A shock, I know. Of course, Duke is still in my heart, but they don't play today. I might need to change my background based on who's playing. :)

    Thanks for the encouragement! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the background looks great. BUT...we have a major difference of opinions here. I don't think it will jeopardize our relationship, at least I hope it won't. You see, I like a routine. I mean, really like and need one. Part of my daily routine is to watch my soaps when the kids nap and the laundry is going. It is my vice, my guilty pleasure, and what I really look forward to. This little basketball hoopla (pun not intended, but yet, it still works) throws my routine out the window. My soaps get put on the back burner because a few of you people like to watch basketball in the afternoon. That is all I am going to say on the subject as I will no compose myself and try to get my head wrapped around the idea of no "Young and the Restless" today.
    hhmmmff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are too funny.......glad I'm home to "watch" the fun....I mean the blog...not hoops....sorry Amy....but I DO like it that it means that maybe my boys end up in our basement to watch the big game and I get to go to bed at a reasonable hour! :)

    Juliwe...oops, I had some wine with dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S.....I'm with Megan, I like the background....and I could also be Momofboys...............

    JULIE :)

    ReplyDelete