Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 41- Tomorrow will not be pretty

Oh no! Wednesday is almost upon us, and most of you knows what that means...weigh in day (insert scary music here). Yep, tomorrow will be a nightmare as I step on the scale after a week of being bad. I know what you are thinking...how bad could it be. Picture the movie Up. Instead of numerous balloons, picture me (or my troll doll if you don't know me) as a blimp lifting the house off it's foundation.

I'm sure you are thinking it can't be that bad, but I need to be brutally honest. My exercise regime took a big hit during substate week as I was either at a game or watching my nephews (which I love to do). Also, I already mentioned my two M&M meals this weekend (not my smartest move). To top it off, I think I'm getting PMS which will add bloating and weight gain (that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it). I'm sure you are wondering what lead me to that conclusion. I'm pretty sure it was when I was fighting back tears during Die Hard II (and no I was not crying because it wasn't a great movie) that was when I realized that this most likely won't be my week. I might even (gulp) gain weight. Oh the horror!

While gaining weight will be hard to take, I know that I will do better next week (I hope)! So for today, I may be a little sad and scared about tomorrow, but to put my own spin on a famous quote..."Life is like a box of chocolates"...Ok, I forgot what came after chocolate. Oh yeah, "Life is like a box of chocolates...some chocolates are a surprise and some are full of nuts (and no I'm not talking about any family members), but no matter what chocolate (type of life) we have, it's always good in the end! Wow, deep! It brings a tear to the eye doesn't it? Have a good one!

4 comments:

  1. the bumps in the road are what make you realize just how great the smooth parts are! At least you know what happened and can fix it next time...better than to gain weight and wonder why. thanks again for a great read, this blog is really the best!


    funny quotes about M&Ms on their website:

    "life is like a bag of peanut M&Ms...there's a little nut inside us all"

    "I melt for no one"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my blogging friend! Regardless of weight loss, I may have to change my blog background for motivational purposes. :)

    By the way, I love the quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You burned a lot of calories "helping" the officials Sat night. :)
    That was great exercise as well as a stress reducer! Hope it goes well!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that Julie! That had to speed up the good ole metabolism!!!

    ReplyDelete