Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 12 - Discovery

Well, it is official. The New Orleans Saints are Super Bowl Champs!!! I must say that I enjoyed every aspect of the game, except I hated that Payton Manning had an interception. Some sports writers are already giving him grief about "choking" in the big game. Personally, I think Payton is a class act, and I'm happy for the Saints.

Along with watching the Super Bowl this weekend, I made a discovery (with the help of my mother). My hair is growing back!!! For those of you that know me, you realize that I have PCOS. PCOS affects 7% of women. How lucky I am? Seriously, I would rather be the majority of women in this case instead of the minority, but you play the hand your dealt. Let's face it, my hand isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things, but it does make it difficult for me to lose weight and can cause male pattern baldness...nice. :( Seriously, losing you hair is so not fun especially when it is one of your best features.

However, thanks to my mom, I realize that my hair is growing back. She noticed it on Friday when we were at Mom D's (my grandmother's) house for lunch. She said I must have new hair growing in because I had a lot of hair standing straight up (even though my hair was pulled back. So, I'm now officially a chia pet or a troll doll (minus the crazy colors), take your pick. What is the point of having naturally curly hair if the new hair won't curl? Oh well, at this point I'm just happy I have hair! I'm all about being grateful for the small things. Hopefully, things will continue to go in my favor. We will see on Wednesday when I have my next weigh in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

From Your Favorite Troll Doll....Amy

4 comments:

  1. AMY! You are too much! Just when I think your last post couldn't be topped :) Such good reading here! Your body must be thriving right now with your healthy habits :) So excited for and with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the troll doll look! Are you going to get hot pink highlights?

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not go pink! It screams look at me!!! Besides, if it's good enough for Frenchie (yes I made a Grease reference), it's good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete