Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 28 - I don't believe in excuses

Well, it is a sad day today! I did not reach gold medal status, and I did not make the podium. Yep, I didn't lose any weight this week, but the good news is that I didn't gain either. I'm still 190 pounds (darn it). Now, I don't believe in excuses but...
*You know my furnace broke so I have no heat at my house. I'm sure my body went into protection mode. To ensure I stayed warm, my body held onto every pound I had so that I remained healthy (way over the top).
*You know I started the Couch to 5K Running Program, and my body was so shocked by the jogging that it just stopped functioning all together (still over the top).
*You know, the dog ate my scale so I couldn't weigh in, but I'm sure I lost a pound (since I'm scared of dogs, nobody would believe it...darn).
*You know I didn't eat the best this week or workout like I should, so I didn't lose but I maintained this week. (Who would believe that? Obviously, the first excuse is the most believable.)

Believe it or not, the last "excuse" is why I didn't lose any weight this week. Shocking isn't it? I'm still pleased that I didn't gain, but I need to work on my eating habits. I was doing a great job eating the right foods and having snacks in between meals. This past week, however, I faltered. There were a few instances where I would eat breakfast and lunch at the normal times (7am and noon) and then eat dinner at 9pm with no snacks. This definitely does not help stabilize the blood sugar. So, this week I really need to focus on eating right as well as exercise more. On the days where I don't run, I need to be on the bike. I need to keep moving to keep my metabolism and spirits up.

Due to the fact that the Olympics end this week, I have decided to have a second weigh in on Sunday. This will be my own closing ceremony as I say goodbye to the sports that have meant so much to me on this journey. Wish me luck!

From your no excuses girl...Amy

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, it is true. I'm getting a combined furnace & AC unit. They will move it from under the house to the side of the house which makes maintenance better. The good news is that there should be no more major house expenses as I have already done a lot of maintenance work. Oh well, the joys of being a home owner.

    ReplyDelete