Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 23 - Just another day

Happy Friday to all! As most of you know, I have been competing in my own personal Olympics. Unfortunately, it has not been as exciting as I thought it would be. I mean, I don't have a cute hat (a la Lindsey Vonn), I don't have a soundtrack (Rascal Flatts call me), and I'm still waiting for that lucrative endorsement deal that will take me from a complete unknown to hey, you look familiar. But alas, none of this is in my future. Instead, I'm sidelined with an injury.

I know what you're thinking...is it her back again, shoulder, knee (amazingly, I do sound like an Olympic athlete)? But my injury is mental! Ok, that didn't sound good. My injury is emotional due to the stress of the games. Here is some food for thought...when I started this journey I was 196, and I have now lost 6 pounds. I'm so close to the gold (189 range) that I can taste it! See my problem...food for thought, taste it...even my thoughts revolve around food. What if I choke at the last minute? Oh no, another food reference! Ok, I just need to breathe. I can't let this "injury" affect my game plan.

For the next couple of days I need to be positive that I can soar above the competition (my own self doubt) and focus on the prize (an interview with Bob Costas...I mean losing the weight). I can succeed! I'm not lean, I'm not a fighting machine, but I'm clean and a writing fiend (needs work) :) Have a good weekend!

From the writing fiend who is not lean, but can be mean and delightingly seen (still needs work)...Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment