Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 26 - I may be defeated in my quest for gold

Today is a sad day on so many levels! First, it's a Monday, need I say more. Second, I'm going to start running today (Lord help me). Finally, my dream of Olympic domination (weighing under 190) may be over (pass the handkerchief please). I know you are all saddened by this turn of events, but I'm hoping I can keep the dream alive (enter your own inspirational background music here).

Yesterday was a great day for two reasons. First, it was Julie's birthday! Second, my nephew Cade won his basketball tournament. They were down seven with two minutes left. They got within two and Cade made the basket to tie and the freethrow for the win. It was great!!! So, in honor of Cade's win, we went out to eat, and this is where I faltered (enter sad background music here...anything that brings a tear to your eye).

The Olympians in Alpine Skiing have Whistler Creekside to deal with, and my venue (that I fear) is Cafe Del Rio. A venue that sets unlimited chips and dip in front of you, as the wait staff goes along their merry way allowing you to stuff yourself before you have even ordered (oh, the cruelty). So yesterday, I hoped to overcome the dominant chip mountain, but alas I failed. Or should I say fell since I'm comparing it to skiing? Oh well, either way you look at it, the chips and dip got the best of me. I was like a skier racing down hill making great time until I caught soft snow and crashed. That's being too kind! I tumbled over and over again. It wasn't pretty, and I didn't recognize the danger I was in until the end of the meal. The spectators were shocked. Ok, nobody noticed but me, but it sounded better to say that there were spectators. So, alas, my dream of a gold may have come to an end.

I need to spend these next two days training (enter Rocky theme music here) and eating better than I did yesterday. I need to get an old white guy with silver hair to tell me "You can do it"! Wait, I think I'm combining the guy from Rocky with the the guy from the Waterboy. Anyway, I need to be the best I can be (and no, I'm not joining the army). I will succeed or die trying!!! Ok, not really, but didn't it sound inspired? Well, I better go get started (enter your own montage of me training, and if you want to make me 30 pounds lighter I won't stop you). Have a good one!

From a Rocky & Waterboy inspired girl...Amy

4 comments:

  1. I too fell prey to the chips and dip, but it was for a good cause. :) I'm going to get back on track today as well. Good luck with the running. Maybe you and I should sign up for a 5K so we have a goal and something to "train" for. :) Thanks for coming to watch your nephew yesterday. He was pretty excited. (As was his mom!) Love ya and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! Love you too!!! If we do sign up for a 5k, it better not be any time soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't a diet, it's a new life. Some days will be perfectly healthy and other days will have a few treats in them. Because you are working so hard and changing more unhealthy habits, the cumulative effect will mean that you will lose the weight! You can do it and you will get that gold medal :)
    I am so impressed with you and your progress so far! Good luck with the run tonight! You will impress yourself! I am on week three, workout three and am a little bummed because my knees are really sore, but I think I just have to run through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny Kristen! If only she had brown hair! :) I'm really excited in a "am I really going to do this" sort of way. Needless to say the support that you, Julie, Megan, and my Mom give me have been a blessing. Good luck with your running schedule, and congrats on the new shoes! Hopefully, your knees will start to feel better soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete