Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 20 - More Olympics

Happy Fat Tuesday! For once I'm not referring to my weight or diet, but that one day of the year where you eat everything you shouldn't because you're giving it up for Lent. Or is that just something I do? :) However, since I started my Lent early (darn diet), I will not be celebrating this fine holiday. Instead, I will continue to spend my evenings enjoying the Olympics.

You know, the more I watch the Olympics, the more I can't help but compare the various events to my battle for 2010. Take the moguls skiing competition...there are lots of bumps along the way and the same can be true of dieting. However, I cannot fully get behind this sport as they wear bulky clothing for comfort and ease of motion, and I'm trying to move away from that style of dress. Then there is figure skating...one minute you are flying high and the next minute you are falling down (yo yo dieting anyone). Again, this is not a sport I can truly embrace as I would never be caught dead in spandex and sequins. Then you have the snowboard cross competition...there are lots of jumps and curves that can cause you to wipeout, but if you stay the course, you can win the race. So far, this is the sport I love the most, they (the Americans) wear jeans!!! Gotta love it!

In all reality though, dieting is like the curling competition. It is slow and boring to watch, but the victory is just as sweet as any other sport. I won't lie, I wish dieting was like speed skating and could be done in a rush. But, I'll just have to accept that I'm a curler. That this dieting process will be slow, boring, and apparently to win I'll need to use a broom more often. Who knew cleaning would be involved...huh.

From your non-spandex, happy in jeans, girl with a broom...Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment