Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 6 - Tomorrow is my first weigh in

The dreaded day before the weigh in is upon me. I must admit I'm a little nervous about tomorrow because I don't want to be disappointed. Regardless of what happens, I have done a great job on my diet and amazingly my water intake. But I still want to lose. I'll even take a half pound. I'm not picky!

Due to the upcoming weigh in, I decided I would up my exercise level (a la Jillian Michaels of the Biggest Loser). No simple walking for me. No sir! I decided I was going to do one of the workouts from Exercise TV. Which, if you have on demand through your cable company, you get many workouts for free. It's great! Unless you don't read the full description.

I first read through the various workouts, and needless to say "Dance Away the Pounds" was not my workout of choice. Luckily, I came across a workout that had "circuit training" and "21" in the title. I thought 21 minutes of circuit training, as a beginner I can definitely do that. Then the video starts and they say those two magic words "No Choreography". Did I mention I'm uncoordinated? I thought this exercise program is a gift from the gods (the exercise gods)! I was ecstatic!!!! Until, the video started with push ups. Do you know how hard it is it lift 194 pounds 15 times? I was still thinking that everything would be fine. I struggled through 15 push ups but I'm only doing this for 21 minutes...I'm strong, I'm motivated, I'm thinking 21 minutes has surely passed! I'm tired, my heart is beating, and I feel sick (note to self...always eat protein before a workout). So, I decide to stop the program and see how much time I have left. This is when I realize I made a reading mistake. Me, a reader, making a reading mistake. The 21 referred to making over your body in 21 days not 21 minutes. The program was 102 minutes long (an hour and 42 minutes)!!!

Are these people crazy!!!! What beginner can go almost two hours? Not this beginner! Especially when you start with push ups!!! So, I did 30 minutes of the 102 minute workout. I felt sore, but good! Hopefully, this workout will help me lose a pound this week! Today, I will definitely read the workout description (in full) before I start.

Here's hoping for a good scale reading tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow! Your entries are inspiring! I wish I could get back to all water and no pop..........need to work on that. Don't get down on yourself if the weigh in isn't what you hope. Everything you are doing is good for you no matter what the scale says! Keep it up!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! I appreciate the support!!! By the way, I still drink Diet Rite after I have had my 64oz of water. I'm inspired but not that inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow sis!!! Keep up the good work! It will all pay off in the end. And remember...now that you are working out you are going to start gaining muscle. And unfortunately the scale can go up because of that. Remember, the number is nice...but I'd rather go down in sizes than worry about what number I am.
    Megan

    ReplyDelete