Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 19 - The Olympics

The 2010 Winter Olympics have arrived! To be honest, I did not think I would enjoy watching anything but speed skating, but I have found some of the skiing events very enjoyable. And as I was watching the various events, I realized that my journey is like the Olympics...minus the athleticism, the devotion, the really cool outfits, the medals, the National Anthem, the commentators, and the endorsement deals. Wow! Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, my journey is like the Olympics because it takes drive and heart. There are moments of glory (losing the weight) and moments of defeat (gaining it back), but through it all I don't give up and I keep pushing myself to be a better me. Pass the Kleenex! Please that was beautiful. Wow, Kleenex could be my first endorsement. :)

So, how am I doing? Well according to the American judge I'm perfect (thanks Mom), the Italian judge thinks I need work (too many carbs), the French judge wouldn't even score me (no significant other), and Switzerland was neutral (that would be me). So, at this time I have not received a medal or gotten to the podium, but I made it past the first round of competitions. I hope that by the end of the month I have made it to the finals and landed a medal (weight 189 or lower). Wish me luck! Oh by the way, I even have my own Olympics Rings...

From your Favorite Olympian

6 comments:

  1. You are hilarious!!! I love this entry! And I think you should make this public too. I think you'd get quite the following.

    Keep up the good work. We're proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's from me..Megan. :) I can't remember my own blog address. Shows you how much I update mine...which is never. Maybe after basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Megan! Feel free to pass it on to any one you want. According to my settings, this is public, but I don't find it when I search. Oh well, like I said, feel free to pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julie! I must admit this has been fun and makes the whole weight loss process easier this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one of your funniest entries to date! LOVE the humor and the closing names!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kristen! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better, and I loved the new pictures of the kids!!!

    ReplyDelete