Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 7 - A review of week one

Hi all! Today was weigh in day, and I'm pleased to say I lost one pound!!! Now for most people this would not be a big deal, but anyone with PCOS knows this is the equivalent of a three pound week. Yay me!!! To be honest, I shouldn't be surprised that I lost. I could already feel a difference. I mean my shoes felt a little looser. :)

I'm thrilled and this just motivates me to keep going. It also helps to hear that my family and friends are motivated as well. It has always been my life's goal to motivate skinny people to lose weight. :) Seriously, I'm happy that my determination is motivating other people to reach their own goals.

As for this past week, the diet changed. I'm now doing a high protein diet with equal amounts of slow and fast carbs. My exercise regime is just to exercise! It can be an exercise video, walking, or riding a bike...just as long as I do something!!! As for the trying not to talk too much or ask too many questions, I'm doing a good job there as well. Honestly, I'm not sure if it is because I'm talking less or because I really haven't had many people to talk to this week (parents don't count). Finally, the dressing better. I'm kind of succeeding on this point. If I know I'm going to be out (a ballgame, store, church, etc), I dress nicely with the works (in other words...makeup). However, since I'm still pleasantly plump, full of life and full figured, or fat (take your pick), It is hard to find clothes that look good and fit. I'm not getting upset though because it is all part of the battle.

Now, a new week begins! Here are my goals for this week...1) stick to the diet (may have a cheat day on Super Bowl Sunday...let's face it, we all need a cheat day), 2) to lose 1 pound this week, and 3) try to wear makeup every day. As for my monthly goal, I would like to weigh 190 by the beginning of March or be a size smaller (in my case, go from a 16W to a 16).

Thanks again for all of you support!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! So happy for you and know you are going to stick to it and get the results you want!!! Keep up the good work!
    Love ya sis!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete