Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 32 - Closing Ceremonies

I can't believe the Olympics are over. As you all know, the Olympics have been a motivational tool for me and my weight loss. As you all know, I have so much in common with the athletes...a great story (not really), endorsement deals (I wish), and a healthy outlook on the use of spandex (Ok, seriously, I know it helps the sport but come on). So maybe I don't have a lot in common with the athletes. I mean, they might be coordinated, graceful, and entertaining to watch, but can they make you laugh? (Oh wait, I forgot about Johnny Weir...darn).

Tonight, is a solemn night, as I attempt to get my first and only gold medal. Just like Steven Holcomb and the "Night Train" bobsledders, I too have waited many years to capture that all elusive gold medal. (Ok, more like many days, but many years sounds so much better. It may even illicit a tear or two. Oh well). Unlike Steven Holcomb, I would not be caught dead in spandex (and yes I realize that he does it for the sport), so needless to say no spandex was in sight at my weigh in (thank goodness). I took several deep breaths and took that huge step on the scale. It was now in the judges hands.

Again, the Americans loved me (thanks readers), the Italians were pleased with my carb intake and gave higher scores than before, the French still low balled me due to my lack of a significant other...Zut(It's French for darn), and Switzerland was going to be neutral (because that's what Switzerland does), but they (meaning me) were so proud of the number they saw (I saw) that they gave me the GOLD!!!! The crowd (of one) goes wild!!!!


It was amazing!!! People were crying and cheering in disbelief. They were in awe of what I had accomplished during my Olympic Journey. They were touched by my life story (or amused by it), and they couldn't wait to see my interview with Bob Costas. However, since I'm such a shy and reserved individual (and humble), I have decided not to do any interviews or photos at this time. I have, however, given the US Olympic Committee permission to post a picture of my medal for everyone to enjoy.

From someone who better get down off the podium since it is also my scale...Amy

1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL! Thanks for the birthday blog inclusion (shout out? honorable mention?). Your blog is the best thing I read daily and I am soooo impressed with your and your progress.

    ReplyDelete